Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Leafer

Re: And now, the end is near . . . .

Hello! I pop in, when I have something to talk about. The other forums are full of the usual junk to be honest, and this one is very useful from the point of view of sensible answers to genuine owner questions.

I would very much be interested in the Nissan offer of jumping into a New Leaf direct from my current lease if the car does what they say it will.

Summer Leafer
    Blog Entries

I think one of the problems is that we really have no clear idea of exactly what the new leaf will be like - there is a lot of supposition but no concrete facts. I spoke to someone yesterday who owns a leaf who seemed to think that the new leaf will definitely have a 60KwH battery, but I've not seen any definitive confirmation one way or another. I'm afraid that the leaf reveal threatens to go the way of Apple these days - mostly somewhat disappointing - gosh you can tell that world happiness day is over can't you

Summer Leafer

I still look in occasionally. Have followed from the early days. I agree with the comments made that a lot of the newer owners are not interested in a forum, they just buy a EV car to drive as transport.

Leafer

Well, on the subject of the new Leaf, this new article from Autocar suggests a top option of 340 mile range with the lower range model being equivalent to today's 30kwh Leaf. I can't say I am particularly excited by the pictures, but it looks spacious and I did find myself staring at the new Micra when I was in the showroom the other day (getting a courtesy car for the weekend).

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...ted-first-time

Had the pleasure of seeing my first Tesla model X yesterday, and that is a thing of beauty (particularly when followed, as mine was, by a new Cayenne belching out smoke like it had come from Mordor). But then I strongly disliked the styling of the Leaf until I owned one (now 2), and now I often find myself admiring their lines on the drive...

Leaf Addict

Does it make sense for the Leaftalk owner to approach the new owners of SpeakEV and see if a merger would be possible?

At least then Leaftalk would be able to continue and have more resource to support it.

2011 Gen 1 Leaf - Dec 2011 - Dec 2014 - Sold
    2014 Gen 2 Leaf Tekna Gunmetal Grey - Dec 2014
    Coming up to 50,000 EV miles!

Summer Leafer

Quote Originally Posted by firetrax View Post
    Does it make sense for the Leaftalk owner to approach the new owners of SpeakEV and see if a merger would be possible?

At least then Leaftalk would be able to continue and have more resource to support it.
    Seems sensible.

One reason I don't visit often is that I have never been able to get this Forum to send me an email when a new answer to my posts or one I am following comes in. The moderator once told me itís a technical problem with the platform. So I often log in after days or weeks away to find some answers to things I posted long ago.
    Leaf Acenta 2013
    4kW PV, Intelligent Immersion solar diverter and 16A Chargemaster charge point

Leafer

Hi, I've not posted for more than a year because I've nothing much to say. My 2013 Acenta is now over four years old. I've owned it for nearly three and a half years and I've driven over 50000 miles (55000 now on the clock). I've still got 12 bars and the car has been utterly reliable (famous last words) and I still love driving it. Its used daily for commuting from Tunbridge Wells to South London though recently I was travelling up on the train and my other half had my Leaf. She loved it too and I had to prise the key from her to get it back.
    If I had problems to solve then I'm sure I'd come on here to ask for solutions. When all's well then I don't feel the need to browse like I used to.

Summer Leafer

So, what do we think of the BBC 2 Horizon programme last night on autonomous driving?

I'd be very sorry to see this forum close. It really helped me from 2012 when I first got a leaf, and had a lot of questions. All answered with expertise and courtesy. I haven't been here though in a while, as I did see no new posts. I've got the hang of my 2nd leaf now and love it. if the forum does close, then many thanks to all who were here when EVs first became available, and we were all taking a risk with new technology.
    Victor .......Red 2014 Leaf miles 26500

Summer Leafer

Agree that this forum has been an enormously useful resource
    Would sincerely regret its passing
    Hope it could remain in archive form if nothing else

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123