Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Summer Leafer

Servicing and warranty

What is effect on warranty of not servicing the car every 12 months on time? Currently I have services in May and MOTs in Sept. I'd like to delay the next service till end Aug as can do MOT 1 month early. So they will then line up in future, making only one trip needed to garage each year.

Nissan garage says Iíll lose my breakdown cover from May to Aug but I can live with that. Effect of battery etc. warranty is more a concern.
    Leaf Acenta 2013
    4kW PV, Intelligent Immersion solar diverter and 16A Chargemaster charge point

Re: Servicing and warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    What is effect on warranty of not servicing the car every 12 months on time? Currently I have services in May and MOTs in Sept. I'd like to delay the next service till end Aug as can do MOT 1 month early. So they will then line up in future, making only one trip needed to garage each year.

Nissan garage says Iíll lose my breakdown cover from May to Aug but I can live with that. Effect of battery etc. warranty is more a concern.
    Surely the easiest thing to do is just bring the MOT forward to May...
    Now on Leaf #3, a Magnetic Red Tekna 30kWh/6.6kW collected 26 May 2017. Charged using Economy 7 Green Electricity + Car tariff from Ecotricity and PV power on sunny days. Rolec EV WP1140 32 amp charging point. Averaging approximately 1,000 miles per month.

Summer Leafer

That is easy but after talking to another Nissin dealer they say I could delay the servicing till the MOT is due and it wonít have any adverse effect on the warrantee. Anyway the car was registered in a Sept so annual servicing should coincide with Sept unless itís done a lot of mile sin a year which it never has. The reason it got out of synch was I think because the dealer who sold it to me s/h decided to get the service done so he could sell it will full service.

Although I will lose my Nissan breakdown cover for this June to Sept if I delay I do have another breakdown policy that covers it. Beside how often do they break down? As I rarely travel >30miles from home in it itís not an issue.
    Leaf Acenta 2013
    4kW PV, Intelligent Immersion solar diverter and 16A Chargemaster charge point

Can any MOT Station test the Leaf? And what would be the cost, anyone know. It would be easier for me to have it done locally as I a long way from a Nissan dealer.

I just wonder what they do in an electric car test - brakes, tyres, wipers, what else..
    Nissan Leaf Model: UK Spec. Gen.1 Colour: Sky Blue. Extras: Solar Spoiler, Rear Tailgate Entry Guard, Illuminated "Zero Emission" Door Entry Guards. Registration #: 480D. Delivery: 20 June 2013 Charged via 4.00kWp of Sharp PV solar panels, Sunnyboy Inverter via PodPoint charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    Can any MOT Station test the Leaf? And what would be the cost, anyone know. It would be easier for me to have it done locally as I a long way from a Nissan dealer.

I just wonder what they do in an electric car test - brakes, tyres, wipers, what else..
    Any MOT Station that tests cars can test the Leaf. Cost does vary a bit, the maximum fee for a car is £54.85 but around here it is advertised at less than this. Check out this (somewhat dated) thread: http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread...T-and-the-Leaf Also this: https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/mot-test-fees
    Now on Leaf #3, a Magnetic Red Tekna 30kWh/6.6kW collected 26 May 2017. Charged using Economy 7 Green Electricity + Car tariff from Ecotricity and PV power on sunny days. Rolec EV WP1140 32 amp charging point. Averaging approximately 1,000 miles per month.