Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Key Fob Not Working

About a week ago I started getting the low battery sign on the dashboard for my key fob so I decided to replace the battery. I opened it up according to the instructions and put a new battery in it, closed it all up and then found that it just wouldn't unlock the car anymore.

So I thought it may have been a faulty battery so i opened it up again and put the old battery back in, it was low but still working, however, it the key fob is still not unlocking the car.

I've checked that the battery is the right way round in the key fob.

Lucky I have the second key fob and it works just fine.

Anyone had this problem before? Anyone know what's going on?

Summer Leafer

Re: Key Fob Not Working

It may be that it needs to be reset so the car remembers it.... can't remember how it's done so you'll need to Google it but it's something like sitting inside the car with both keys or pressing unlock several times in a row if I remember right...??? 🤔

Re: Key Fob Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by dtb80 View Post
    About a week ago I started getting the low battery sign on the dashboard for my key fob so I decided to replace the battery. I opened it up according to the instructions and put a new battery in it, closed it all up and then found that it just wouldn't unlock the car anymore.

So I thought it may have been a faulty battery so i opened it up again and put the old battery back in, it was low but still working, however, it the key fob is still not unlocking the car.

I've checked that the battery is the right way round in the key fob.

Lucky I have the second key fob and it works just fine.

Anyone had this problem before? Anyone know what's going on?
    Post #13 here: http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread...ms-fault/page2
    Now on Leaf #3, a Magnetic Red Tekna 30kWh/6.6kW collected 26 May 2017. Charged using Economy 7 Green Electricity + Car tariff from Ecotricity and PV power on sunny days. Rolec EV WP1140 32 amp charging point. Averaging approximately 1,000 miles per month.